Softlink IC Blog
Subscribe to our quarterly update
Library Management System Customer Support – 5 Questions you Should Ask
Softlink Information Centres provide a wide range of self-help tools – from training videos to help guides – created by our Support Team members and accessible via our customer portal.
For personalised service, our Liberty and illumin users can contact their nearest Customer Support Team by phone or email. They can also use our Chat feature to “talk” to a customer service representative – not a robot, in real time. Indeed, we have Support Representatives in several locations around the globe.
Our Support Representatives are outstanding. Can you say that about your current LMS vendor’s support? Ask yourself these five questions. Do they:
- Make it easy to contact their Support Teams and is the response timely?
- Make staff use a chat robot first – one that asks a series of predetermined and often inapplicable questions?
- Build trust and foster a good rapport with you and your staff?
- Enable staff to call for advice or reassurance when implementing or changing functionality without cost – even when there is a help guide available?
- Create and provide easy to access self-help options – training videos, help guides, and user community forums?
If you can answer yes to all or most of those questions, that is good. That is as it should be!
Library staff are increasingly time poor, and library management software more functionally rich. Even when Liberty and illumin are intuitive and easy to use, access to and rapid responses from our Support Representatives is necessary for a variety of reasons. Knowing that your vendor’s Support Team is available to help, advise, and reassure you and your staff makes a real difference.
For Liberty and illumin customers, our excellent Customer Support Team is one of the reasons why we stand out from the crowd.
Need proof? Click here to read the comments on our support in some of our Softlink IC Customer Case Studies.
- You or Your LMS Vendor – Who Controls Your Library’s Business and Security Settings?
- Employee Spotlight – Jeff O’Keeffe
- Got Satellite Collections? Manage Them with Liberty Link
- The Softlink Scoop – Edition 03/2019
- 5 Brilliant Benefits of Liberty v5 to Whet Your Appetite
- So You Think Your Library Homepage is an Attention Grabber? Wait ‘til you Personalise it!
- Data Conversion – Why Softlink Information Centres Does it Better
- The Softlink Scoop – Edition 02/2019
- Showcasing Liberty and illumin at ALIA’s 2019 Conference
- Softlink IC’s First Liberty Virtual User Group Meetings for 2019