The illumin Knowledge & Research Management System
Shine light on the value of your research with illumin, a powerful knowledge & research management software solution
MANAGE YOUR ORGANIZATION’S KNOWLEDGE
illumin is the perfect tool for knowledge and research management as it collects, records, quantifies and précis’s queries and answers provided to staff and clients. The knowledge base becomes a comprehensive, audited database of relevant information that can be easily shared.
Flexible Request and Response Management
illumin has a robust request management interface, featuring:
- Multiple ways to generate and respond to requests
- A searchable knowledge base that retains all information passed through the system
- Email alerts to notify requesters and researchers of any updates made to their requests
- The ability to subscribe to requests in progress
- Unlimited custom forms and fields to capture the information you need
- Responses that may include rich text, multimedia, web resources and attachments
Increase Productivity and Streamline Management
illumin helps streamline your research and protects your organization’s valuable knowledge:
- At-a-glance and summary reports can be viewed and downloaded to determine service quality, staff efficiency and workload
- Priority and sensitive requests can be marked for attention. Sensitive requests cannot be accessed by other users, except the requester, researcher and team leader
- Stopwatch feature accurately tracks time spent researching and providing responses
- Email integration is supported at every step of the request workflow
Full Text Search
Search all the fields within your knowledge base, including any information within your electronic resources such as Word or PDF documents
Highly configurable page elements and layouts to display the information relevant to you and your research team
Reporting & Analytics
Create custom, detailed reports to focus on areas important to you. Schedule reports and have them sent directly to your inbox
Support for Single Sign-on (SSO) means secure and convenient access to your research without being asked to login
Reliable and secure certified T4 hosting facilities are available for hassle-free setup and access via the cloud. Self-hosted setups are also supported
Advanced email integration and workflow helps manage incoming requests. A full Web JSON API is also available for integration with web forms
Softlink conducts several free training sessions throughout the year, including face to face group training and online sessions. Plus free user groups and webinars for all supported customers
First Class Support
Access to a support team comprised of qualified professionals who understand your processes and related technologies. Support is available via online chat, Email or phone
It is always sad when an event you looked forward to becomes a memory. The Softlink IC Liberty conference at the National Library of New Zealand in Wellington was one of those.
Knowledge professionals are well versed in managing data. With the rise of big data, they have more opportunities to reinforce their value. Big data also comes with some exciting challenges.
Based in Softlink’s Australian office, Jeff is part of the Southern Hemisphere support team. We get to know a little bit more about Jeff in our latest in our Softlink Information Centres Employee Spotlight series.
illumin, Softlink Information Centre’s Knowledge and Request Management System, has a new representative, Alex the Alpaca. Alex is a fan of illumin and quite good at explaining the value of illumin as the ultimate way to manage the complexity of tasks required of research centre staff.
The reference interview is neither a new concept nor a rarely applied process. It is a valuable tool in the research specialist’s skill set to ensure they understand exactly what information their customer requires. But, sometimes the “interview” is undervalued by those who seek the research specialist’s assistance.