Softlink IC Blog
Subscribe to our regular updates
Queensland Museum Chooses Softlink IC’s Liberty
The Queensland Museum recently chose Softlink Information Centres’ (Softlink IC) Liberty as their integrated library software. Liberty offers a variety of features to the museum library such as a discovery and federated search, mobile app, multi-factor authentication and the capability to perform OCR on PDF files. This certainly ticked all the boxes for the museum library’s needs!
Queensland Museum is a museum of natural history, cultural heritage, science and human achievement located in South Bank since 1986. It is a popular destination for local visitors as well as visitors from around Australia and overseas and has welcomed more than 23 million visitors.
The museum regularly hosts national and international touring exhibitions, provides in-depth education experiences, innovative public programs, early childhood activities and entertaining holiday activities.
The Queensland Museum Library was founded in 1876 with the purchase of Charles Coxen’s private book collection. Today, the main collection holds approximately 37 000 books and approximately 5000 serial titles with specialization in zoology, geology, palaeontology, anthropology, archaeology while also including rare books and expedition reports, archival material, the Thomas Macleod Queensland Aviation Collection and a personal papers collection.
Softlink Information Centres (Softlink IC) General Manager Sarah Thompson said, “We are delighted that Queensland Museum has chosen Liberty as their library management system. It is a powerful solution that will help them to transform their collections management and provide an enhanced user experience. We are very pleased to be part of the Queensland Museum’s journey as they continue to build and develop their incredible collection.”
Softlink IC looks forward to working with the Queensland Museum staff as they continue to grow and develop their collection with Softlink’s ILMS Liberty. The software should help the museum library maximize the use of its resources while providing an enhanced user experience. For those who would like to know more about Softlink IC or Liberty you can contact us here.
- You or Your LMS Vendor – Who Controls Your Library’s Business and Security Settings?
- Employee Spotlight – Jeff O’Keeffe
- Got Satellite Collections? Manage Them with Liberty Link
- The Softlink Scoop – Edition 03/2019
- 5 Brilliant Benefits of Liberty v5 to Whet Your Appetite
- So You Think Your Library Homepage is an Attention Grabber? Wait ‘til you Personalise it!
- Data Conversion – Why Softlink Information Centres Does it Better
- The Softlink Scoop – Edition 02/2019
- Showcasing Liberty and illumin at ALIA’s 2019 Conference
- Softlink IC’s First Liberty Virtual User Group Meetings for 2019
Recent Blog Articles