Softlink IC Blog
Subscribe to our regular updates
Employee Spotlight – Suzana Petrovic
Meet Suzana, our newest “recruit”. Based in Softlink IC’s Australian office, she has rapidly become a valuable member of our team. We get to know a little bit more about Suzana in the latest of our Softlink Information Centres Employee Spotlight series.
What are the main responsibilities of your position?
I work as a Marketing Researcher. My main responsibilities are / will be:
- Creating new product feature videos
- Delivering webinars for customers
- Attending webinars and roadshows (probably virtually for now)
- Product quotes, sales, and support
- Assistance with some EDMs and blogs
When did you join Softlink and do you like most about working here?
I’m a very recent addition to the team here, I started in August of this year after completing my Diploma in Library and Information Services. As my passion is libraries and information, I was keen to work in the sector. I knew when I started the team here was amazing, they are so clever and creative and generally awesome! I’ve been welcomed onboard by everyone and would have to say I like the people most! It’s corny, but true, I enjoy working here because I’m challenged and inspired and encouraged by my colleagues.
What is your favorite type of food? If there is a list of them so much the better!
Oh. My. Goodness. I don’t even know where to start. I’m a bit of a foodie tragic! I really enjoy cooking AND eating food. So, this is a hard question to answer. My favourite types of foods would be anything that is rich in flavour. I enjoy trying foods from just about any cuisine, from rich European casseroles and Indian curries through to spicy and zesty Vietnamese or Thai. I also love LOVE American BBQ!
Which 4 people, alive or dead, would you love to share your favourite food with and why?
- Sir David Attenborough – I’d just want to sit and listen to him talk about animal and plant life on earth – that would be such a privilege!
- Bettany Hughes – she’s an incredibly smart English historian, author and broadcaster. She knows all kinds of amazing things about the classical world and would be great company because she’s a great storyteller.
- Dr Mary Schweitzer – an American palaeontologist who led the discovery of blood cells in dinosaur fossils and later discovered soft tissue remains in a T-Rex specimen! Why? Because dinosaurs! And, what unbelievably interesting work she does!
- Wade – how could I not invite my partner! He’d be devastated to miss out!
If any aren’t available, I’d have a standby list! 😊
If you could be anyone else for a day, who would that be and why?
A ninja. Ninjas are the best! And so sneaky! Imagine what I could do as a ninja for the day!
What is the one site on your bucket list you most want to visit?
I’ve been fortunate to have travelled widely, but one place I keep thinking about is Egypt. I would add anything Egypt-ey to my bucket to visit. Sailing the Nile, seeing the pyramids (of course) and other sites like Luxor and Saqqara … yes please!
- You or Your LMS Vendor – Who Controls Your Library’s Business and Security Settings?
- Employee Spotlight – Jeff O’Keeffe
- Got Satellite Collections? Manage Them with Liberty Link
- The Softlink Scoop – Edition 03/2019
- 5 Brilliant Benefits of Liberty v5 to Whet Your Appetite
- So You Think Your Library Homepage is an Attention Grabber? Wait ‘til you Personalise it!
- Data Conversion – Why Softlink Information Centres Does it Better
- The Softlink Scoop – Edition 02/2019
- Showcasing Liberty and illumin at ALIA’s 2019 Conference
- Softlink IC’s First Liberty Virtual User Group Meetings for 2019