Softlink IC Blog
Subscribe to our regular updates
Not a Spare ‘Seat’ for the PNG Cataloging Workshop
Last week’s Cataloging workshop was a great success. Softlink IC’s Aaron Rose delivered the virtual workshop to a packed ‘house’ of enthusiastic Librarians from Papua New Guinea. Many of the attendees even brought along members of their staff. The more the merrier!
The functionality available in Liberty’s Cataloging module and the Liberty Link mobile app was comprehensively covered in the workshop to include:
- Cataloging Resources
- Authority Control
- Lists (Reading Lists)
- Cataloging Other Records
- Showcase (including email resources and publishing to the Home page)
- Liberty Link catalogue enhancing functionality.
Aaron noted that “what stands out the most for our PNG clients is the Z-Cataloguing module. It gives them the ability to add records in a matter of seconds.”
Everyone who attended was actively engaged throughout the session asking questions on, for example, how to:
- Apply resource security.
- Add additional Z-Cataloguing sources.
- Manage Authorities.
- Enhance records using z-39.50 sources.
The feedback Aaron received from those who attended was very positive.
Julie Sengi, Librarian at the National Fisheries College, thanked Softlink and let us know, “As a Papua New Guinean client, I am grateful to be a part of this diverse library management company who holds their client users close to its heart. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic it still reaches me in Kavieng, New lreland Province, PNG. This online training has up skilled my cataloging, especially with the ‘Import’ function. You have become bigger & better, CONGRATULATIONS!!!”
Dulcie Wangi, Chief Cataloger at the Michael Somare Library, commented that “The step-by-step approach used in the training session is what I like best about the workshop and look forward to more workshops on Liberty.”
Aaron and Softlink IC thank everyone for their kind comments. The enthusiastic take-up of training, workshops, and boot camps offered throughout the year, every year, continues to delight us.
Make sure to keep an eye out for upcoming training opportunities and events here. We look forward to catching up with everyone again soon.
- You or Your LMS Vendor – Who Controls Your Library’s Business and Security Settings?
- Employee Spotlight – Jeff O’Keeffe
- Got Satellite Collections? Manage Them with Liberty Link
- The Softlink Scoop – Edition 03/2019
- 5 Brilliant Benefits of Liberty v5 to Whet Your Appetite
- So You Think Your Library Homepage is an Attention Grabber? Wait ‘til you Personalise it!
- Data Conversion – Why Softlink Information Centres Does it Better
- The Softlink Scoop – Edition 02/2019
- Showcasing Liberty and illumin at ALIA’s 2019 Conference
- Softlink IC’s First Liberty Virtual User Group Meetings for 2019