Softlink IC Blog
Subscribe to our regular updates
Virtual Open Day Opens Minds
Softlink IC held our Virtual Open Day on 15 June 2022. We ran sessions across three time zones where registered participants discovered:
- How to stay alert with Current Awareness in Liberty
- How illumin can shine a light on your valuable research management
- What Liberty’s smart serials can do to your catalog
- Who can stump our panel of experts?
- How to catalog anything in Liberty
- And more!
Our six 30-minute sessions across three time zones featured content experts who packed in plenty of ideas, advice, tips and tricks. That’s over 9 hours of action-packed content for our participants!
Softlink IC General Manager Sarah Thompson said “We wanted to deliver a short, sharp series of sessions that were informative, and fun. The Virtual Open Day was designed for any library or librarian that was interested in learning more about Liberty and illumin. It was also a change to stump our expert and hear about our development roadmap.”
There was a competition to enter for all attendees with the lucky winners taking up either half a day of training, OPAC banner design/customization or a Softlink IC water bottle.
Participants thoroughly enjoyed the sessions, in particular:
- 30-minute format for each topic
- Variety of content and presenters
- Preview of new features and enhancements
- Easy-to-follow schedule of events
Feedback we received over the three sessions was positive, including one participant who said “[A] very informative session. I am not very familiar with Liberty, so was interested in getting tips, particularly regarding digital resources and serials … and it has given me plenty to think about and feedback to my team. Many thanks for the opportunity to tune in. It was a very convenient format. Lovely to see some friendly faces from the Softlink team.” And we couldn’t agree more!
Now that the dust has settled, we can say our Virtual Open Day was a success. Thank you to everyone who attended. We’ve drawn the winners of our competition! Congratulations! Links to the recorded content from each of the sessions will be provided to all registered participants.
We have a great calendar of events lined up for 2022. We’d love to see you soon, either in-person or virtually! Remember to check out the Softlink IC website or Events page to see what we’ve got on offer; we’ll also keep you updated regularly via our newsletters and other electronic communication.
- You or Your LMS Vendor – Who Controls Your Library’s Business and Security Settings?
- Employee Spotlight – Jeff O’Keeffe
- Got Satellite Collections? Manage Them with Liberty Link
- The Softlink Scoop – Edition 03/2019
- 5 Brilliant Benefits of Liberty v5 to Whet Your Appetite
- So You Think Your Library Homepage is an Attention Grabber? Wait ‘til you Personalise it!
- Data Conversion – Why Softlink Information Centres Does it Better
- The Softlink Scoop – Edition 02/2019
- Showcasing Liberty and illumin at ALIA’s 2019 Conference
- Softlink IC’s First Liberty Virtual User Group Meetings for 2019