Softlink IC Blog
Subscribe to our regular updates
Our Annual Library Survey is Now Open!
For the past ten years, Softlink has put out its well-regarded annual library survey. Last year Softlink IC began conducting a survey for all Information Centres libraries and we were delighted with the response. And thus, a new tradition begins!
In the spirit of sharing, we are asking you to again spare us 10 minutes of your time to complete this survey. We understand you are busy, and really do appreciate your time so that together we continue to build an ongoing picture of our industry. So, it is with great pleasure we declare our 2021 survey now open. It will remain open until the end of July.
Once the survey window is closed and all the information you provide us has been analyzed, we will produce the 2021 report. If you haven’t yet, why not take a moment to read last year’s survey report.
The report will be shared first with everyone who completes this year’s survey and provides a contact email address. It will be made available on the Softlink IC site later for anyone who wishes to read it.
We would like to take this opportunity to assure you that should you choose to provide your personal and your organization’s details, they will be secured and kept confidential. If you prefer to remain anonymous, that is perfectly fine!
The Survey’s Purpose
Libraries have been Softlink IC’s passion for over 35 years. We continue to seek further insight into the sector and those who work within it to ensure our finger is always “on the pulse”.
Our Annual Library Survey serves to:
- Give library workers a voice in what services they provide and their goals.
- Helps us gain further insight into the changes, impacts, and trends in the library world.
This survey is an opportunity for Softlink IC to understand more deeply the changes, impacts and trends in the knowledge sector. It seeks to gather important statistical information such as:
- Staffing levels
- Resource levels and types
- Library practices
The survey also includes open questions giving you the opportunity to share your ideas and experiences.
We believe one of the best ways to gain an even deeper understanding is to ask you, our trusted primary source!
Why Take Part?
Your responses will help us produce another benchmark report based on the valuable statistical information gathered from your responses.
Once we have collated the data and created the report, we will share it with you and the global library community.
Softlink IC know your time is precious, so thank you in advance for your participation. We would appreciate it if you could share the survey link with your colleagues and anyone within in the industry with whom you collaborate.
We look forward to your responses. Softlink IC learned a lot from last year, and we believe we will learn from you again this year.
- You or Your LMS Vendor – Who Controls Your Library’s Business and Security Settings?
- Employee Spotlight – Jeff O’Keeffe
- Got Satellite Collections? Manage Them with Liberty Link
- The Softlink Scoop – Edition 03/2019
- 5 Brilliant Benefits of Liberty v5 to Whet Your Appetite
- So You Think Your Library Homepage is an Attention Grabber? Wait ‘til you Personalise it!
- Data Conversion – Why Softlink Information Centres Does it Better
- The Softlink Scoop – Edition 02/2019
- Showcasing Liberty and illumin at ALIA’s 2019 Conference
- Softlink IC’s First Liberty Virtual User Group Meetings for 2019